Way before beauty became a highly commercialized staple, the women and men of the world have been obsessed with eternal youth and beauty that never fades. Unfortunately, humankind’s preoccupation with science has driven most of these traditions to oblivion, although very little is understood about them, much to our disadvantage.
Anti aging meaning
Anti aging is possible when the process of regeneration dominant over degeneration. In case of regeneration, the cells replace itself with stronger cells while in degeneration, existing replace with weaker one. The process of regeneration is termed as anti-aging while the process of degeneration is called as aging.
Ageing is the changes in a person associated with physical, psychological, mental and social change. Aspects like knowledge, experience and wisdom may increase while reaction time, memory etc. may decline. More than one lakh people die every day due to age related problems. Older population increases both in the developed and developing nations due to medical facility, longer life expectancy and decreased birth rate.
Causes that make skin age faster
- Cigarette smoke develops the deficiency of vitamin C that is essential to make skin plump.
- Sun exposure caused the skin mottled, brown sun spots and dryness may be experienced along with more wrinkles
- Sedentary life weakens the muscles and hinders new blood cells formation.
- Cold weather makes skin dry and causes ageing.
- Alcohol and beverages use lead to dilate blood vessels showing flushed appearance on the skin and make skin wrinkles faster.
- Stress makes skin vulnerable for ageing.
- Lack of sleep causes dark circles under the eyes and sagging skin too.
What Causes Aging?
- Free radicals, which are the byproduct of metabolism process and environmental factors, causes ageing to a greater extent. The best method to reduce its effect is the presence of antioxidant
- Diets like high fat, processed foods, margarine and starchy vegetables are low in antioxidants resulted in production of more free radicals.
- Lower intake of fresh fruits and vegetables increases free radicals.
- Alcohol suppresses the formation of antioxidants.
- Fried foods help to generate more radicals.
- Fast and junk foods causes lesser antioxidants.
- Packaged, processed and irradiated create more free radicals show skin age symptoms.
- Polluted air, especially in the big cities and towns, helps to create more free radicals.
- Drinking tap water contains chlorine, fluorine and other harmful chemicals and toxins that borne out free radicals.
- Lifestyle related problems cause production of lesser antioxidants more free radicals.
- Diseases like Asthma, High blood cholesterol, cardiovascular disease, High blood pressure, Diabetes, Parkinson’s disease, Cancer etc., causes ageing.